This year is really shaping up to be fantastic. Honestly there is a lot to be thankful to God. The blog has been slow and my hope is to post at least two times a week moving forward, but I just wanted to share some celebrations where God has done some really excellent things.
1) I finally graduated, despite the fact I’m now trying to eye off a D.Min somewhere it was a huge celebration in March to finally walk and get my Masters. A seven year project finally was finished in November and I had the great joy in flying home and walking. That is a 7 year answer to prayer.
2) We are in the very final stages of buying our first home stateside. It is an incredible house and we both feel really blessed to be able to buy it. Hopefully in the next couple of days we can close and move into our sweet new home. That has been a 3 year answer to prayer.
3) I was invited to co-write a book with a lecturer in Australia. While it is still in the early stages stay tuned for a new book in early 2013, it will be on Social Media and Digital Culture. I am humbled to be able to “co-write” this project with someone who is far more skilled than me! That has been a 1 year answer to prayer.
4) Our sweet baby turns one in August. Ruby has been a constant blessing and we are both very much looking forward to celebrating her Birthday. We count each day as a blessing with her and we are really thankful for that. That has been a lifelong answer to prayer.
5) Reconciliation, we had the great joy of being able to contact a very old friend. It was probably one of the best moments of the year so far to be able to speak to a cousin that I haven’t spoken to in 16 years. My prayer is that we can build a lasting friendship and heal where it is needed. That has been a 16 year answer to prayer
6) Green Cards! We are in the very final stages of getting our Green Cards which is the hugest blessing ever. It is just a matter of time until we have the little pieces of plastic. That has been a 4 year answer to prayer.
7) A No.3 Book in the making. While this is still extremely early, there is a skeleton and a potential action plan for a new book this year. That is an ongoing answer to prayer.
8) The fog is lifting at work, the last 8 months of work has been exhausting and I finally feel like I am getting my head above water. It is such a blessing to have an incredible team to work with and I am so thankful for my lead Pastor Josh. Our Pastoral team is amazing and our support team is such a blessing. It seems like at COC we are all starting to emerge from an exhausting season into one where we can dig into what we love more deeply. That is an ongoing answer to prayer.
The theme, prayer works.